Brand managers need to ensure they have the right range of products to maximise consumer sales, and that they manage the assortment they offer efficiently. Key questions include:
- Do we have an efficient assortment?
- What is the optimal number of SKUs within a category or brand?
- Where will volume go if SKUs are deleted?
In a highly competitive world, it is essential that brands are priced correctly. With retailers increasingly focused on 'every-day low pricing', it’s important to have the right tools to position a brand. Some of the key questions include:
- Can we afford to take a price increase without losing sales?
- How price sensitive are our consumers?
- Which pricing strategies will maximise sales?
- What are the price sensitivity points?
Nielsen Can Help
Our data modelling techniques forecast potential outcomes based on specific brand dynamics to enable “what if” analysis and scenarios. Find out more.
Reveal the relationship between pricing and volume movements. Nielsen trended sales data help you build a detailed picture of your brand and the factors behind volume, brand share and pricing. Find out more.